Lecture Slides: Critical Algorithm Studies 2017
Topics and Dates:
- April, 27th: What is an Algorithm?
- May, 4th: Embedded Values and Biases in Algorithms
- May, 11th: Culture, Society and Algorithms
- May, 18th: Methods and approaches for studying algorithmic systems
- June, 1st: Algorithmic Fairness
- June, 8th: Ethics and Algorithms
- June, 22nd: Surveillance, Privacy and Data in the Smart City
- June, 29th: Accountability, Policy and Law
All the participants should read the core papers (can be found in the owncloud) for each topic, the presenters should read all the papers and find a supplemental paper.